Social Marketing is a relatively new concept. However, its popularity is rising to new levels owing to some exciting innovations. There have been many attempts on devising marketing strategies based on the internet. Social media marketing is one such exciting option. There are many social networking sites such Facebook, Twitter etc. However, the popularity of Facebook is unmatched. Owing to its huge popularity, Facebook has become such a portal which has a huge potential for advertisement and promotion of products and services.
Some ompanies have used Facebook very well for promoting their businesses. One need to know what is an effective plan which would help an organization in building rapport with their potential customers using Facebook. Below are presented few such strategies which would be helpful in promoting one’s products and services.
- Facebook isn’t built for promoting businesses and any account which seems to belong to any one else than a real person, it is bound to get deleted. So, in order to both keep your account active and promote your services, you need to have lots of friends, send lots of messages and remain active.
- Advertisements can be placed depending on the groups joined by the users, their relationship status and various other parameters. This would help them choose an advertisement which might suit them.
- Many companies have actually used their Facebook campaign for making their services better. Such companies take feedback about their products and services from the consumers from Facebook. Then, they work on the problems, suggestions, criticism etc of the users and can use them to make necessary changes in their working. A classic example of this is that of Dell Computers. It was reported that the negative feedback from the consumers dropped by a considerable amount after Dell registered its presence on Facebook and started collecting feedback from its customers via it.
- Advertisers create groups for promotion of their products. They invite users to join such groups. This would help different users to get a know how of their products. It is quite possible that such users turn up later for actually buying their product.
- One must be willing to adopt a change for good. Sometimes, any user may provide a feedback regarding use of a particular service or product. In case the feedback is not positive, the company must be willing enough to accept that and make the necessary changes. For example Nestle Inc. didn’t pay heed to the negative comments which were posted by the environmentalists regarding use of palm oil which was in turn disturbing the eco system due to continuous cutting of rain forests.
- Let your customers know about the various products and services that you offer. You can even create promotional events and provide various types of offers such as discount coupons.
- Facebook has an application and with its use, users can like or dislike a product. If someone likes anything, his/her friends can see that and go on to use the product and post their comments, thus building your popularity.
Create a viral Facebook Fan Page